The 5 Reasons You Must Drive “The Road to Hana” in Maui
So I may be a little bias to Maui but ummm I have good reason. My first trip to Maui inspired me to quit my job. I was going through a quarter-life crisis at the time. So, to keep from having a nervous breakdown, I spent my 25th birthday there. (Read more here.) My second trip to Maui revealed to me my purpose for living. (More on that here) Any who, I had my purpose-revealing a-ha moment on the Road to Hana. Go figure. The experience was pretty magical. I’ll share why very soon:)
I recently traveled back to celebrate my 28th birthday but more importantly commemorate my first visit to Maui which served as the catalyst to me becoming who and what I am today! A celebration for sure!
Here are The 5 Reasons You Must Drive “The Road to Hana” in Maui
1. Black Sand Beaches. I mean….. Nothing else needs to be said. BLACK SAND BEACHES! You can literally drive up on this beach. Post up. Chill and kick it. (P.S. There are red sand beaches too!)
2. If you’re a sucker for scenery and landscape like me, I promise this drive will not disappoint. You will literally stop your car a million times. There are views ALL along this drive. This particular place is about an hour or so hike into the forest but breathtaking right??
3. There are so many waterfalls that hiking for hours isn’t necessary. You’ll literally pass waterfalls on the side of the road. Granted there are really amazing ones deep into the forest but if you’re not the hiking type you can just pull over on the side of the road and take in the beauty. You can get close too.
4. You’ll hike hours away from the main road and come across something that makes no sense. Like, how in the hell did this car get here? But what’s an adventure without some mystery.
5. If you’re the adventurous type, there are plenty cliffs to jump off of and many mountains to rope down right to the beach. (And yes, those are 50-11 mosquito bites you see. I was getting ATE up!)
Talk about being totally in tuned with nature. I feel like that’s the best way to hear your inner voice and be connected to the most high. But hey, don’t take my word for it, drive the Road to Hana yourself. I bet it’ll change you in some way.
Check out the rest of the pics below.